Each Capsule contains:
Mangosteen powder 150 mg
Gotu Kola 50 mg
Mangosteen is called the "Queen of Fruits". It contains xanthones, a powerful anti oxidant. Over 40 different xanthones have been found in this fruit, which is chemically beneficial substances.
- Good for the immune system
- It has anti-tumor properties. Turn up body's natural detoxification defenses. Suppress cancer promotion or growth.
- Gastro-intestinal System disorders such as dysentery, GI pathogens, diverticulosis, histamine and serotonin blocking capacity. Reducing excess stomach acid. Anti-allergic effect and anti-stomach ulcers.
- Respiratory System. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergenic agent.
- Central Nervous System
- Mangosteen could produce a therapeutic effect in both treatment and prevention of Parkinsons and Alzheimer's diseases.
- Good for the skin
- It has systemic effects as it helps with fatigue, low energy. Used on persons with chronic, fatigue and illness
GOTU KOLA FACTS
Gotu Kola is known as a longevity herb and is used widely i India as part of their traditional medicine Ayurveda. This red flowered plant grows naturally in swampy areas of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Madagascar, South Africa, Australia, China, the southern United States and other tropical countries. Its roots and leaves are used for medicinal purposes and provide important health benefits related to healthy veins and blood vessel, to treat skin disorders, help with better memory and blood vessel, to treat skin disorders, help with better memory and improved brain function.
HOW IT WORKS
Gotu Kola contains chemical called triterpines (saponins) like asiaticoside, madecassoside and madasiatic acid which enhance the formulation of collagen in bones, cartilage and connective tissue. These substances work to promote healthy blood vessels by strengthening their walls and improving blood flow. Gotu Kola encourages production of chemical messengers called neurotransmitters to help with brain function.
Gotu Kola is higher in the B-complex vitamin group than any other plant previously examined. This again may account for its effects on the brain. It is especially high in thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), and pyridoxine (B6). B complex is necessary in providing energy for the body, by converting carbohydrates into glucose, a usable form of sugar for the body to burn. The B complex is responsible for the normal functioning and organized brain. Other nutrients include numerous free amino acids, especially aspartate, glutamate, serine, threonine, alanine, lysine, histidine, and aminobutyrate found in greater quantities in the roots, but also presents in leaves. The leaves also contains measurable amounts of provitamin A or carotene.
In India, Gotu Kola, an Ayurvedic herb, is called Mandookaparni. There, an impressive study dealt with the effects of gotu kola on general mental ability of mentally retarded children. Half of the thirty children studied were given one gotu kola tablet and half a placebo tablet daily. A part from nutritional deficiencies, the children's had no major illnesses. A Binet-kamat test was administered and the children's Intelligence Quotients were recorded. Separate tests were also administered to record any changes in the children's cooperation, memory, concentration, attention, vocabulary and overall adjustment. After three months, the tests were repeated.
The findings showed that youngster taking gotu kola had increased their powers concentration and attention.
Another Indian study showed that gotu kola extracts administered over a oeriod of 42 months to normal healthy adults in the 45-50 age group had several benefits: hemoglobin increased by a signifacant percent, and the mean levels of blood urea and serum acid phosphates were decreased. Subsequent examinations have revealed that this herb has brought about a steady increase in blood sugar levels, and mood swings, mental illness, fatigue, depression, confusion and schizophrenic tendencies is well documented.
- Increases mental acuity and boosts memory.
- Builds connective tissue.
- Promotes healthy blood vessels by strengthening veins and capillaries to improve circulation.
- Helpful for varicose veins.
- Reduces pain and swelling due to phlebitis.
- Works as nerve tonic to promote relaxation.
- Promotes healing after childbirth.
- Relieves congestion due to colds and upper respiratory infections.
Smarty have combined benefits of the two herbs.
8-12 years old : 1 capsule
above 12 years old 2 capsule daily after meals with plenty of water or as prescribed by the health care professional.